Current Job Openings
BLUE RIVERS AREA AGENCY ON AGING
POSITION TITLE: Fiscal Assistant – Receipts
REPORTS TO: Executive Director
SUPERVISES: No supervisory duties
Classification: Non-exempt; part-time 30 hours/week
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Performing routine work involving preparation and processing of financial records and reports.
· Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with Blue Rivers Area Agency on Aging (“the Agency) financial policies and procedures.
· Perform day-to-day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting, and recording accounts receivables data.
· Prepare bank deposits in accordance with cash and check receipts.
· Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
· Verify and resolve contract and center rental receipts and deposits.
· Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status as needed.
· Cross-train on all fiscal office activities and procedures.
· Provide Agency phone and reception back-up.
· All other duties as assigned.
Essential Knowledge, Experience, and Abilities
· Three years general office experience.
· Strong knowledge of office methods, ability to operate standard office machines.
· Experience with accounting software and solid understanding of basic accounting principles.
· Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting procedures and financial records.
· High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
· Customer service orientation.
· Experience with computing software including Windows 10 and Microsoft Office.
Essential Education, Certifications, and Licenses
· High school diploma or equivalent required, supplemented by courses in bookkeeping and keyboarding, or equivalent job experience preferred.
Essential Physical Demands and Typical Working Conditions
· Normal office hazards are encountered, i.e., prolonged sitting and stooping.
· Work duties require sporadically lifting and carrying up to 20 pounds for 100 feet.
Essential Attendance and Availability Requirements
· Must maintain an acceptable level of attendance, punctuality, and availability as determined by the Agency; must work such regularly-scheduled hours as are determined by the Agency.
· Must work at the assigned work site.
· Must travel as required.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. The Agency recognizes that an individual with a disability may require an accommodation to enable him or her to successfully perform a job function. Consideration will be given reasonable accommodations.
Part Time - Deshler Site Manager
The Deshler Senior Center is hiring for a part time Dining Site Manager. This position is four hours per day, two days a week, starting at $9.00 per hour. Apply at the Deshler Senior Center, 507 4th St, Deshler, NE 68340 or email a signed application to Glenda.VanEperen@blueriversaaa.org.
Full Time – Nebraska City Cook/Site Manger
The Nebraska City Senior Center is hiring for a full time Cook/Dining Site Manager. Quantity food preparation and purchasing skills preferred. Monday – Friday 7:30 am to 1:30 pm. Starting date is January 1, 2018. Will train the right person prior to the starting date. Apply at the Nebraska City Senior Center, 200 North 3rd Street, Nebraska City, NE 68410 or email a signed application to Glenda.VanEperen@blueriversaaa.org.
Part Time – Table Rock Substitute Cook/Site Manager
The Table Rock Senior Center is hiring for a Substitute Cook/Dining Site Manager. Quantity food preparation preferred. Monday – Friday 6:00 am to 2:30 pm. Apply at the Table Rock Senior Center, 402 Luzerne Street, Table Rock, NE 68447 or email a signed application to Glenda.VanEperen@blueriversaaa.org.
On-Call – Beatrice Relief Driver
Blue Rivers Public Transportation is hiring for an on-call relief driver at the Beatrice location. This position provides transportation in Beatrice and may require meal delivery in the surrounding areas of Gage County. This on-call as needed position starts at $9.00 per hour, days and hours vary. Apply at Blue Rivers Public Transportation, 103 Eastside Blvd, Beatrice, NE 68310 or email a signed application to Clifton.Lindell@blueriversaaa.org.
On-Call – Fairbury Relief Driver
Blue Rivers Public Transportation is in need of a relief driver at the Fairbury location. This on-call as needed position starts at $9.00 per hour, days and hours vary. Apply at the Fairbury Senior Center, 601 City Park Road, Fairbury, NE 68352 or email a signed application to Clifton.Lindell@blueriversaaa.org.
On-Call – Wymore Relief Driver
Blue Rivers Public Transportation is in need of a relief driver at the Wymore location. This on-call as needed position starts at $9.00 per hour, days and hours vary. Apply at the Wymore Senior Center, 815 West D St, Wymore, NE 68466 or email a signed application to Clifton.Lindell@blueriversaaa.org.
Housekeeping & Handyman Contractors
Do you like to perform the following housekeeping tasks?
- Meal preparation?
- Washing indoor windows?
- Washing dishes?
- Cleaning bathrooms?
Do you like to:
- Mow lawns?
- Clear snow from sidewalks and residential driveways?
- Make minor home repairs not requiring a permit?
Do you want to serve others in your community?
Apply to be a Housekeeper or Handyman Contractor. Rates begin at $9.25 hourly. You can work as many hours each week as you want, up to 40 hours. Flexible schedules - set your own work schedule. Must be 19 years of age or older. All prospective independent contractors must complete an Independent Contractor Information Form and a Request for Child and/or Adult Abuse and Neglect Central Registry Check form (CFS-5). For more information, please call 402-223-1376.