Since 1974, we have joined in a collaborative effort to assist, protect, and advocate for elderly Nebraskans so that they may choose the community-based living options that suit them best. Blue Rivers AAA continues to be a vital local resource for seniors age 60 and over in our service area.
Blue Rivers Area Agency on Aging's mission statement is to develop or support a system of coordinated and comprehensive services for older individuals that promotes a safe, healthy, and independent lifestyle.
What We've Achieved from 2016-2017
- Served over 160,086 meals to predominantly elderly and disabled individuals in our 8-county service area
- Provided 50,899 trips throughout our 5-county transportation service area
- Saved each Medicaid Waiver client on average $4,092 monthly and $49,104 annually
- Arranged over 8283 total hours of Handyman & Housekeeper services for clients
- Spent 3,445 hours visiting with and assessing clients for Blue Rivers AAA programs through our Care Management program
- Offered 288 hours worth of self-directed care support to caregivers
- Provided Emergency Response System services to 60 individuals