To Have a Friend; To Be a Friend
- Enjoy helping adults who are frail.
- Are at least 60 years of age.
- Attend quarterly in-service meetings.
- Provide one-on-one companionship and daily living assistance.
The Senior Volunteer Program helps frail elderly people to continue living in their own homes.
The frail elderly receive:
- Assistance with important daily tasks such as getting mail, helping write a letter, shopping or transportation to medical appointments.
- Encouragement to remain active and live with independence.
- A watchful eye to notice when extra care is needed.
- A friendship that can last a lifetime.
- Pre-service orientation and on-going training.
- Annual physical examination.
- Accident and personal liability insurance.
- Assistance with transportation fuel and meals taken during the service.
- Annual recognition event.
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference in someone's life.
Become a Senior Volunteer today! For more information about the Senior Volunteer program, call Blue Rivers AAA at 402-223-1376 or 888-989-9417.