To Have a Friend; To Be a Friend
- Enjoy helping adults who are frail.
- Are at least 60 years of age.
- Volunteer 4 to 16 hours per week (non-stipended volunteers serve minimum 4 hours a week).
- Attend quarterly in-service meetings.
- Provide one-on-one companionship and daily living assistance.
- Meet income guidelines if they receive a stipend.
The Senior Companion Volunteer Program helps frail elderly people to continue living in their own homes.
The frail elderly receive:
- Assistance with important daily tasks such as getting mail, helping write a letter, shopping or transportation to medical appointments.
- Encouragement to remain active and live with independence.
- A watchful eye to notice when extra care is needed.
- A friendship that can last a lifetime.
- Pre-service orientation and on-going training.
- A small tax-free stipend for those who are income eligible (non-stipended volunteers do not have to meet income eligibility requirement).
- Annual physical examination.
- Accident and personal liability insurance.
- Assistance with transportation fuel and meals taken during the service.
- Annual recognition event.
- The satisfaction of knowing you are making a difference in someone's life.
Become a Senior Companion Volunteer today! For more information about the Senior Companion Volunteer program, call Blue Rivers AAA at 402-223-1376 or 888-317-9417.